Your passenger rights on bus journeys under 250 km are set out as minimum rights by the Regulation (EU) No 181/2011 concerning the rights of passengers in bus and coach transport.
The European Regulation (EU) No 181/2011 concerning the rights of passengers in bus and coach transport 22 sets out minimum rights for passengers who travel by bus in the European Union. With regard to tariffs and contractual conditions, you may not be discriminated on the basis of your nationality.
- You may not be discriminated as a disabled passenger or as a passenger with limited mobility. This means that you have the same right to transportation unless there are opposing valid health requirements or safety regulations, or it is impossible due to the design of the vehicle or the infrastructure of the stop.
- As a passenger with a disability or limited mobility, you can claim financial compensation to the amount of the replacement value or repair costs for any loss or damage to your mobility aid or your assistive device, on the condition that the loss or damage was caused by the carrier.
- You have the right to adequate travel information during your entire journey.
- You have the right to the provision of information on your rights pursuant to this regulation. As a passenger with a disability or limited mobility, this information will be given to you on request in an accessible form, if possible.
- You may submit complaints to the carrier within three months. You then have the right to receive a response within a month. Should you have an objection to the response, you can contact the carrier again or the Nationale Durchsetzungsstelle für Kraftomnibusverkehre:
+49 228 - 30795 400
The complete Regulation (EU) No. 181/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 February 2011 concerning the rights of passengers in bus and coach transport and amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 (Official Journal of the European Union from 28 February 2011, No. L 55, page 1 et seqq.) can be accessed online under http://eur-lex.europa.eu or requested from the bus driver.